Tarte cosmetics is easily my absolute favourite makeup brand. The CEO, Maureen, founded it while living in her one-bedroom apartment in New York City, and it has grown into an extremely reputable cosmetics brand that so many people have grown to love! So, here are my top ten reasons why I love Tarte cosmetics:
- They’re cruelty free
- Tarte prides itself on not testing any of its products on animals, which is extremely important and ethically correct!
2. Maracuja oil
- Maracuja oil comes from the pulp of a Brazilian fruit that is so rare that only one crop of it blooms per year. This oil is extremely helpful in reducing redness and dryness, and helps you get firmer, brighter, and smoother skin. Despite what you may think, face oil doesn’t actually make your face oily. So, for those of us with oily skin, don’t be afraid to use face oil!
3. Pigmented product
- All of the colours are richly pigmented and last all day!
- A lot of Tarte’s products come with brushes that match their products perfectly. They all serve their own purpose, and they are all very high quality. Tarte also sells some of their brushes separately if that’s all that you are looking to buy.
- While all of Tarte’s products are cruelty free, Tarte also offers a few vegan products in their lineup! This is helpful for the women out there who live vegan lifestyles, yet don’t want to sacrifice on using quality cosmetics.
6. Amazonian clay
- Amazonian clay does it all. It mattifies skin, provides a long wearing product, makes skin look smooth and hydrated, and improves skins texture and clarity, among other things! It is taken from the banks of the Amazon River, baked in the sun, and then ground into a pigment that is infused into a lot of Tarte’s products.
7. Fun packaging
- All of the products come in bright and colourful packages that show just how fun and youthful the cosmetics brand is.
8. Hydrating lip colours
- While a lot of lip colours can be very dehydrating, I have never had this problem with Tarte, and find all of their colours and products to be very hydrating, pigmented, and generally comfortable to wear.
9. Diversity of products
- Tarte cosmetics have everything. From mascara and eyeliner to bronzer and cleanser, they have it all!
10. Wide range of colours for all of their products
- From foundations and concealers to lipsticks and eye shadows, Tarte offers so many colours to choose from that it is hard to pick just one! There is something for everybody, and it is easy to find a foundation and concealer that is perfect for your skin tone!
Well, those are my reasons for loving Tarte cosmetics 🙂 Do you use Tarte’s products? If not, what brands do you love?